Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hi, I'm back

I'm back...possibly, we'll see how long it lasts. Last time I blogged I was separated from my husband of 6 years, going into the unknown journey of divorce. Whew!!! what a whirlwind it's been. I have marched to hell's doors and back a few times now and the battle continues. Whoever said divorce is easy is a liar....oh wait, has anyone EVER said that?! Probably not. On the other hand I have it remarkably better than most. I have not traveled this journey alone, on my team I've had amazing family support (including from his family, who would've thunk), my best friends (I include my sister in the best friend AND amazing family categories), and my beloved fiance and his family...yes fiance. :)
In this past year I have found in a friend something that I thought only existed in movies, my parents relationship, and my sister and brother-in-law's relationship...true, nauseatingly mooshy, bring a box of tissues because its so sweet, LOVE.
Six years in a marriage wondering what the point of "tying the knot" had been. No partnership, no friendship, no trust....and then, just when I thought that that was as good as it got...something great came around and swept me off my feet.
So it hasn't been that long but here's what I think: Life is way to stinkin short to care.
My 6 year old adores him and he is so good to her, this divorce has been hard on her and although I do my best to shelter her from the ugly, she is smart beyond her years and knows what's up. Maybe that's for the better...at least that's what her therapist says.
So although life is moving 100 paces ahead of me, I will do my best to keep up and I will also try to blog about it. Not because I think anyone of the world really cares, but because it's therapeutic.
This year we are enjoying our new beautiful house that we rent, with one acre of lush beautiful grass to run free on, and everyone in this house is heading into school! Yikes. I have been accomplishing my goal of making one-brand new to me-meal a week and plan to blog about that too. You don't have to follow me, you don't have to comment, but if you do decide to come along, I think we will have fun. :)

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back and what a journey! Sounds like the right things have come in just when you need them!

    I agree blogging can help when you need to just vent and the people are amazing!

    I love new recipes, I try to post at least 2 a week. I'm here for the ride :). Love being the first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you're back! - I missed you (just sorta kidding, since I see you every week in real life, but still...)
    You've got so much to catch the world up on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - what happened to your followers? I never stopped following, but I needed to resign in. And what about your old blog posts? Is this a new blog address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm...I have no idea LOL I don't think so, but I DID delete my old posts...starting over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alexis! I enjoyed your posts before and am looking forward to following you again too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your attitude. I plan to stick around and learn more about you. :) ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Colleen...hope I can amuse and inspire you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well here you are again!! I wondered about you. ;0)

    Actually I just saw you post on another blog and wondered if you actually started posting again. Good to see you are! =)

    ReplyDelete